Wednesday 4 January 2017

Most Anticipated Books of 2017

I cannot believe 2017 is here already! I hope you all had a very happy new year and have had a good start to 2017. It doesn't seem like two minutes since I was writing about my most anticipated books of 2016, but it is that time of year again and these are the books I am most looking forward to in 2017. (On another note, I feel like every year my most anticipated book list gets shorter rather than longer, but anyway...)

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit - and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords - and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

I think this is my MOST anticipated book for this year. I absolutely adored A Court of Mist and Fury last year and it quickly became my favourite book not just of the year but of all time. I am so excited about this book you don't understand. According to Goodreads, this book is due out on May 2nd.

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

Emma Carstairs has finally avenged her parents. She thought she’d be at peace. But she is anything but calm. Torn between her desire for her parabatai Julian and her desire to protect him from the brutal consequences of parabatai relationships, she has begun dating his brother, Mark. But Mark has spent the past five years trapped in Faerie; can he ever truly be a Shadowhunter again?

And the faerie courts are not silent. The Unseelie King is tired of the Cold Peace, and will no longer concede to the Shadowhunters’ demands. Caught between the demands of faerie and the laws of the Clave, Emma, Julian, and Mark must find a way to come together to defend everything they hold dear—before it’s too late.

This is the second book in the Dark Artifices series and I'm really looking forward to it. I wasn't expecting to love Lady Midnight as much as I did so I'm really looking forward to seeing where this second book will go. I'm a little disappointed at this cover to be honest - Lady Midnight had such a gorgeous cover that this one seems like a polar opposite. Julian is so tiny! I love this world though and I can't wait to go back there. According to Goodreads, this book is due out on May 23rd.

Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed. When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master’s heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta’s past could put them both at risk.

Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail. They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia. But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives.

As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable… and might just run out on both of them.


Passenger was a tough book for me because although I sped through it, I didn't fall in love with it the way I was expecting to. It was a book that got such a lot of hype that I was a little disappointed with it. However, I am looking forward to seeing how this duology ends and this book sounds so interesting that I'm hoping the spark I was missing in Passenger appears in Wayfarer. According to Amazon UK, this book is out on January 12th.

I'm going to finish the way I started with another Sarah J Maas book. The last book in the Throne of Glass series is something I am so looking forward to - I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until September - it's so far away! As of right now, we don't have a title or a cover so all I can say is that according to Goodreads, our hearts will be ripped out on September 5th.

So those are my most anticipated books for 2017. What have I missed? Are there any book releases I should know about? What books are you most looking forward to getting your hands on in 2017?

All synopsis' and images from Goodreads. All publication dates are from either Goodreads or Amazon UK and may change. No Copyright Intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment